Why choose ELN?
There are many reasons to choose ELN The e-Learning Network.
We regularly review our course materials and assignments (latest review has been completed in July 2020!) We make sure the assignments are easy to answer, the materials are focused on the topics in the assignments and everything is signposted clearly within the Learning Management System.
Our UK-based personal tutors and modern, easy-to-use Learning Management System have students raving on all our social media sites. Our qualifications are globally recognised and all our courses are self-paced and flexible to fit around your lifestyle.
Our core purpose is to help you get qualified so you can boost your training career. We are waiting to help you! Click on the webchat or email [email protected] today!
This course is suitable for those beginning their careers in training NVQ, QCF, RQF type courses in their specialist sector.
This course is suitable if you want to teach Level 3 courses or below in your specialist area.
No previous experience or current training role required.
This course is also ideal for teaching or training in many different sectors. You can do this course if you do not intend to teach fulltime OR if you do not teach regulated qualifications, but may need to fulfil the requirement of having a teaching qualification eg. managers training staff.
This course can be used as a pathway to the Level 4 Certificate in E&T however, this is not a requirement. If you are serious about training as a career and have access to regular teaching, it might be better to enrol directly into the Level 4 CET or Level 5 DET
Would you like to read in more detail what the ELN Level 3 AET course entails? Download our course brochure now!
Your course Tutors
Tony is one of ELN's most popular tutors for AET, CET and sometimes the Assessor courses too. He has been involved in training since the mid 1990’s and has experience in both the private and public sector. He has taught a variety of subjects including Engineering, Explosives, Advanced Driving & Riding and Professional Development. During his time in industry Tony worked with a number of universities where he sat on a number of boards advising on course development, gave lectures and sponsored projects (many of which turned into commercial enterprises). When Tony is not in the classroom (or online!) he enjoys the outdoor life and is happiest when riding his Ducati.View Profile
Units and Learning Outcomes
- Understand types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- Explain the purposes of types of assessment used in education and training
- Describe characteristics of different methods of assessment in education and training
- Compare the strengths and limitations of different assessment methods in relation to meeting individual learner needs.
- Explain how different assessment methods can be adapted to meet individual learner needs.
- Understand how to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain why it is important to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Explain the role and use of peer and self-assessment in the assessment process
- Identify sources of information that should be made available to learners and others involved in the assessment process
- Understand the role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process
- Describe key features of constructive feedback
- Explain how constructive feedback contributes to the assessment process
- Explain ways to give constructive feedback to learners
- Understand requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training
Unit 1: Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
3 x short essay style assignments and 1 x peer discussion.
Unit 2: Using and Delivering Inclusive Learning and Teaching Approaches in Lifelong Learning
3 x short essay style assignments and 1 x peer discussion for the theory part.
1 x session plan, tutor observation report, peer feedbacks and self-evaluation. You will need to video record and send for assessment a 15-minute microteach session with at least 3 participants over the age of 16. The microteach can be on any topic.
Unit 3: Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
4 x short essay style assignments and 1 x peer discussion.