By doing this course you will become a trainer in your specialist area and will be qualified to teach up to Level 4 courses. Regardless of whether you wish to be a fitness instructor, beauty trainer or construction trainer, this course is a great entryway for you to re-train to teach!
The ELN Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training course is accredited by NOCN and Edexcel Pearson.This course leads to Associate Teacher Status with the Society for Education and Training.
Wondering how we will assess you during COVID-19 lockdown? Please check the ELN COVID-19 Assessment Strategy for full details. We will make sure we support you through to completion at this difficult time.
Scroll down to the 'Key details' and 'Assessments' sections below or download the course brochure for more details.
Why choose ELN?
We were the first and still one of very few providers who offer all 28 Ofqual approved Optional Units. Your personal tutor will go over them with you once you register to ensure you choose the optional units suitable for your job role and career goals.
Our personal tutors and Learning Management System have students raving about them - check out the reviews below!
Our qualifications are also recognised in multiple Middle Eastern countries, including our Dubai teaching course. We have multiple clients from the public and private sector who have gone through our UAE teacher training programme and been highly praised by them.
The course is completely self-paced so you can take a whole year to complete or finish it in a few weeks!
Buy the course and boost your career today!
You do not require any previous teaching experience or qualification in order to do this course. However, you will need to evidence 30 hours of teaching or training while you study for the course.
Your personal tutor will have a 1:1 interview with you before you begin the course to discuss any possible exemptions based on prior learning or experience. Your tutor will also guide you on the assignment and observation requirements. You will have the same personal tutor throughout your studies ensuring prompt and personalised support.
We offer the full range of 28 Ofqual approved optional units, unlike other providers who provide only a few pre-set units.
Also unlike other providers we offer self-paced flexibility. There's no undue pressure due to unrealistic short deadlines, we offer you ample time to complete the course while allowing you to complete and get certified quickly if you need to.
Would you like to read in more detail what the ELN Level 4 CET course entails? Download our course brochure now!
Your course Tutors
Tony is one of ELN's most popular tutors for AET, CET and sometimes the Assessor courses too. He has been involved in training since the mid 1990’s and has experience in both the private and public sector. He has taught a variety of subjects including Engineering, Explosives, Advanced Driving & Riding and Professional Development. During his time in industry Tony worked with a number of universities where he sat on a number of boards advising on course development, gave lectures and sponsored projects (many of which turned into commercial enterprises). When Tony is not in the classroom (or online!) he enjoys the outdoor life and is happiest when riding his Ducati.
Cordelia (aka Dee) supports students on our Assessor courses. She has many years of training experience both in workplace and college environments. She holds a number of qualifications in learning & development including the Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training, Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement and Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes & Practice. She is also a mentor for The Girls Network Charity who inspire and empower girls from the least advantaged communities by connecting them with a mentor and a network of professional female role models.
Units and Learning Outcomes
- Be able to use inclusive teaching and learning approaches in accordance with internal and external requirements
- Analyse the effectiveness of teaching and learning approaches used in own area of specialism in relation to meeting the individual needs of learners
- Create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Demonstrate an inclusive approach to teaching and learning in accordance with internal and external requirements
- Be able to communicate with students and other learning professionals to promote learning and progression
- Analyse benefits and limitations of communication methods and media used in own area of specialism
- Use communication methods and media to meet individual student needs
- Communicate with other learning professionals to meet individual student needs and encourage progression
- Be able to use technologies in delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Analyse benefits and limitations of technologies used in own area of specialism
- Use technologies to enhance teaching and meet individual student needs
- Be able to implement the minimum core when delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Analyse ways in which minimum core elements can be demonstrated when delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Apply minimum core elements in delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Be able to evaluate own practice in delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Review the effectiveness of own practice in meeting the needs of individual learners, taking account of the views of learners and others
- Identify areas for improvement in own practice in meeting the individual needs of learners
- Be able to use types and methods of assessment to meet the needs of individual learners
- Explain the purposes of types of assessment used in education and training
- Analyse the effectiveness of assessment methods in relation to meeting the individual needs of learners
- Use types and methods of assessment to meet the individual needs of students
- Use peer and self-assessment to promote students’ involvement and personal responsibility in the assessment for, and of, their learning
- Use questioning and feedback to contribute to the assessment process
- Be able to carry out assessments in accordance with internal and external requirements
- Identify the internal and external assessment requirements and related procedures of learning programmes
- Use assessment types and methods to enable learners to produce assessment evidence that is valid, reliable, sufficient, authentic and current
- Conduct assessments in line with internal and external requirements
- Record the outcomes of assessments to meet internal and external requirements
- Communicate assessment information to other professionals with an interest in learner (student) achievement
- Be able to implement the minimum core when assessing students
- Analyse ways in which minimum core elements can be demonstrated in assessing learners (students)
- Apply minimum core elements in assessing learners (students)
- Be able to evaluate own assessment practice
- Review the effectiveness of own assessment practice, taking account of the views of learners (students) and others
- Identify areas for improvement in own assessment practice
- Be able to use resources in the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Analyse the effectiveness of resources used in own area of specialism in relation to meeting the individual needs of learners
- Use resources to promote equality, value diversity and meet the individual needs of learners
- Adapt resources to meet the individual needs of learners
- Be able to implement the minimum core when using resources in the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Analyse ways in which minimum core elements can be demonstrated when using resources for inclusive teaching and learning
- Apply minimum core elements when using resources for inclusive teaching and learning
- Be able to evaluate own use of resources in the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Review the effectiveness of own practice in using resources to meet the individual needs of learners (students), taking account of the views of learners (students) and others
- Identify areas for improvement in own use of resources to meet the individual needs of learners (students)
Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment*
Assessment and Support for the Recognition of Prior Learning through the Accreditation of Learning Outcomes
Engage Learners in the Learning and Development Process*
Evaluating Learning Programmes
Preparing for the Coaching Role
Preparing for the Mentoring Role
Preparing for the Personal Tutoring Role
Delivering Employability Skills
Develop Learning and Development Programmes*
Engage with Employers to Develop and Support Learning Provision*
Engage with Employers to Facilitate Workforce Development*
Equality and Diversity
Identify the Learning Needs of Organisations*
Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment*
Understanding and Managing Behaviours in a Learning Environment
Understanding the Principles and Practices of Externally Assuring the Quality of Assessment*
Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment*
Using Study Skills Approaches and Techniques to Enhance the Learning of Others
Specialist Delivery Techniques and Activities
Working with the 14-19 age range in Education and Training
Effective Partnership Working in the Learning and Teaching Context
Teaching in a Specialist Area
Working with Individual Learners
Action Learning for Teaching in a Specialist Area of Disability
Action learning to Support Development of Subject Specific Pedagogy
Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area
Frequently asked questions
Yes it is a BTEC qualification awarded by Pearson Edexcel.
You can volunteer or work part-time, fulltime or freelance to complete the teaching hours for CET. We are not currently providing placements but most candidates are able to find voluntary/part-time work at a local college.
There is no difference between the qualification content, delivery or assessment. Both Pearson Edexcel and NOCN operate under Ofqual and offer the same qualification so this is purely a matter of which brand you prefer. Pearson are more widely-recognised but NOCN process the certificates much quicker.
Yes. The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training qualification is developed to cater to the post-16 years Education Sector
This course can be done by beginners as well as experienced trainers - you just need to complete the required teaching practice during your course.
For the CET you can focus on teaching the older 16+ students.
As long as the teaching is conducted in a structured educational environment and gives the opportunity to teach to learners in a 16+ setting it is fine.
The candidate needs to be able to teach 30 hours within a structured training environment. Primary school will be too young; it needs to be higher secondary 16+ learners.
Yes you can use teaching hours that you did as a cover teacher or Teaching Assistant.