Autism Spectrum Disorder
The Autism Spectrum is a short CPD course aimed towards anyone working or interacting with those on the spectrum - educators, clinicians, counselors, therapists, medical staff, family and employers.
What will you learn through the ELN’s Autism Spectrum CPD course?
- Students will learn about the causes, symptoms, diagnostics tools, research-based interventions, and will cover autism spectrum disorder from birth to adulthood.
- Learn to use evidence-based practices to provide effective interventions and explore typical strengths and weaknesses of individuals on the spectrum in relation to identified impairments.
- Understanding the characteristics of autism spectrum disorder and their implications for behavior, learning and the ability to process information is critical.
In this course we will consider a range of practical approaches, interventions, tools for identifying triggers that enable person on the autism spectrum to access learning, participate actively, experience success and gain independence.
There is a downloadable certificate once you complete the final exam.
The Autism Spectrum Disorder CPD course is available for all candidates who fulfill the following criteria:
Age range: 18+
Core skills: There are no formal entry requirements for this training course however candidate must have reading and writing skills in order to complete the course.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs
- Types of Special Educational Needs
- Myths & Facts about Special Educational Needs
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Teaching Strategies for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Myths & Facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Indicators of Autism Spectrum Disorder
Participants are required to complete an online quiz at the end of the course