The course is best situated for teachers working in inclusive environment and needs hands on support to how to deal with students with sensory or physical impairments.
Students with sensory disabilities such as those who are blind, visually impaired, deaf, or hearing impaired often bring auxiliary aids and adaptive equipment to the classroom. Aids assist in gaining access to the classroom; however they do not ensure access. The classroom instructor is responsible for considering the needs of every student when teaching. The course focuses on different kind of impairments, discusses the defining characteristics and specific needs of students and share some researched based intervention and strategies to promote positive behavior and help learners develop required skills.
This valuable resource shows teachers how they can teach in a highly effective manner that will foster the independence of students with visual and hearing impairments in the general education classroom.
The course covers following learning outcomes:
• Special Educational Needs
• Types of Special Educational Needs
• Introduction to Sensory and Physical Impairments
• Signs & Symptoms to Sensory & Physical Impairments
• How to Effectively Teach Students with Sensory & Physical Impairments
• Management Strategies
Teaching Students with Sensory and Physical Impairments CPD course is available for all candidates who fulfill the following criteria:
Age range: 18+
Core skills: (English, Maths) At least to A Levels standard.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Name: Teaching Students with Sensory and Physical Impairments - CPD Course
Qualification Type: CPD
Hours: 1 Hour (Continious Study)
Credit Value: none
Validity: Does not expire
Suitable for: Anyone working or interacting with those diagnosed with Autism
- What are Special Educational Needs
- Types of Special Educational Needs
- Introduction to Sensory and Physical Impairments
- Signs & Symptoms to Sensory & Physical Impairments
- How to Effectively Teach Students with Sensory & Physical Impairments
- What are Effective Management Strategies for Students with Sensory & Physical Impairments
Participants are required to complete an online quiz at the end of the course